Meet the Abey family
“We’ve learned a thing or two in 67 years.”
For over 67 years, Abey Australia has been synonymous with quality and innovation, bringing the latest designs and technology to Australia. With over 3,500 products, our range is a result of consistent and on-going product development with a focus on innovation and quality.
A brief overview of the Abey story
Amongst our offering is the largest range of Kitchen and Basin Taps and Sinkware in Australia as well as exclusive Italian collections including Gessi, Armando, Vicario and Barazza Appliances. We are renowned amongst designers and architects for our ability to supply a complete Kitchen and Bathroom package to compliment all designs and budgets.
We are aware at Abey of the precious nature of the Earth‘s water supply by focusing on the preservation of this natural resource. We provide a range of products that include taps and showers with water ratings of up to six stars, making them some of the world‘s most water efficient fixtures. We pride ourselves in offering a collection that is committed to the environment as well as one that maintains top-tier design.
The ability to seize opportunities, an intimate knowledge of the industry and a flexible and responsive management style have been fundamental to our success. With a team of dedicated and experienced staff, we look forward to working with you in turning your design into reality.
67 Years of Australian History
- 1956 Began manufacturing safety belt components for passenger vehicles. Also began manufacturing building masonry, plumbing and timber connectors.
- 1979 Revolutionised the Plumbing Industry by inventing a new clipping system which wins the “Best New Product” award.
- 1989 Invented new Flexishaft skylight system making skylight installation simple and inexpensive.
- 1990 New corrosion proof masonry products developed after the Newcastle Earthquake.
- 1991 Abey Sinkware introduced marking the beginning of our presence in high end market for kitchen products.
- 2002 Abey becomes exclusive distributor of the World Leader Gessi tapware range.
- 2007 Abey introduces Barazza Appliances and revolutionises the cooktop industry.
- 2013 Gareth Ashton Tapware released with overwhelming success.
- 2014 New Speed Clip System invented which fastens installation time.
- 2016 Our relationship with major international companies continues with the release of ClearStone Baths and Basins.
- Abey Australia partners with a range of community-based and charitable organisations to support their endeavours which is in line with our vision of making life better.
- Salvation Army
- Abey supports the work the Salvation Army provides across Australia during times of crisis and when needed. The recent floods and bushfire work they have provided has been invaluable to many communities. We respect and admire their values of integrity, compassion, respect, diversity and collaboration and donate regularly to their cause.
- Apollo Bay Surf Lifesaving Club
- Abey is a major sponsor of the Apollo Bay Surf Lifesaving Club. With many of the Abey family keen surfers and beach goers, we see first hand the work and commitment this volunteer service provides to the Victorian Community.
Oriano was born on 25 April 1956 in Silea (Treviso, Italy) in the Veneto countryside. Rural and visionary, looking for new emotions in poetry but with a touch of irony to survive, balancing between form and substance. He attended the Academy of Fine Arts where he had the opportunity to get to know and to engage with Emilio Vedova, a prestigious maestro of the language of gestures and signs.Read more on Oriano Favaretto
After graduating at the Accademia di Belle Arti in Venice (110/110 e lode), he began working as a designer and interior designer. He has directed his research towards a plastic that could be called minimalist formal language and rational. His expression is reduced to the essential fact, is purely abstract, objective and free of surface decorations. Christian Piccolo favours the study focused on the possibilities offered by space-pure form.Read more on Christian Piccolo
Architect and designer, was born in Spotorno (SV) in 1961.
He graduated in Architecture at the Polytechnic Institute of Turin, he works for many companies operating in different Industrial fields, including Calligaris, Mamoli and Scirocco.Read more on Marco Baxadonne
Gessi’s lengthy creative collaboration with designer and sculptor, Prospero Rasulo, has led to revolutionary lifestyle concepts and splendid designs, which have rendered Gessi a benchmark for the world’s most innovative and glamorous interior design elements. Labels don’t fit Prospero Rasulo. He goes where his creative mind takes him and throughout his career that has included stage sets, paintings, sculptures, environmental spaces, architecture, interior design and industrial design.Read more on Prospero Rasulo
Born in Rimini in 1959, Roberto Semprini studied architecture in Florence. In 1987 he joined the Bolidismo expresses the design in a symbolic and synthesis of a concept of speed elettronica. Moved in Milan and started working as a freelance journalist for several design magazines like Mode, L’Atelier (Paris) and ARDI (Barcelona). In 1989, out of the sofa “Tatlin” Edra, which is produced between the winners of the prestigious TOP TEN in Dusseldorf. In 1994, with the table “Manta” for Fiam is among the winners of the Young & Design.Read more on Roberto Semprini
Visit the team at our Selection Gallery
View our full range of kitchen, bathroom and laundry products at your nearest Abey Selection Gallery, where an Abey professional can assist you to achieve your dream home.Find my nearest Selection Gallery